Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Number One

Well I have my first weekend here in Texas behind me. And it was a good weekend :) so relaxing! Friday morning, I did sign up for my outreach, and I'm feeling very good about it. And over the weekend, I did get reconfirmation that God wants Trent to go with me. When I was thinking about coming to Texas it was a lot of "well if the money comes in I'll go." I'm not even going to mess with that this time. I'm just going to accept the fact that God is telling Trent and I we will be doing this. So now, I'm once again holding my breath to see how God brings in the money.

My weekend was full of spending time with God and new friends. I've been stepping way out of my comfort zone to initiate conversations with people. I've been reading! Reading out of my Bible, reading "Redeeming Love", and reading "Is That Really You God?" So much time with God! I just can't get enough of him right now. I'm so in love with this environment! I'm so in love with my God! I wish every single person in my life could experience this. Nothing competes.

This morning I went to a local church in Tyler. Amazing. I've never been to a church that raises its hands in the air and dances around for God. Trent took communion for the first time. Some of us are thinking of getting involved with helping out the youth group there. A lady we met said the church is on the streets ministering to people 5 nights a week. They are getting ready to open a soup kitchen. I really am hoping for the chance to help out.

Now I'm back in my room preparing my mind for the week ahead. Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for Trent and I. We can feel your prayers rain down on us. I am so thankful for being here. Thank you again to everyone who supported us.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment