Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 4 of Plumbline - The Final Day

Today was one of the best days of my life.


For the first time in my entire life, I feel like a whole person. I don't feel broken. I don't feel pain. I don't feel shame. I feel so much joy in being the daughter of The King.


As I was having my quite time this morning (or more like freaking out about the day ahead) I was terrified. I was not looking forward to reliving every painful thing that has ever happened to me. I was not looking forward to revisiting every sin I have committed. I kept thinking of Harry Potter (don't judge my neardiness!) and how he walked through the forest knowing death was waiting for him. I felt like I was walking to my death. And I was. But God sang to me and wrote to me and carried me. I prayed for so long with my group today. I asked forgiveness for every sin God brought to my mind. I forgave every single person who has hurt me in my life. And then, I forgave myself for the things I had done. I have never felt such a peace. Such a joy. I feel so amazing. So new. So pure. And God has marked this day in such a loving way for me. He gave one of the young men in my group, Josh, a written letter to read to me. You're heart will never melt like it does from a love letter form the One who created you. He gave me a crown through a vision from another young man in my group, Michael, and declared me a "Power Princess" (obviously loving the sound of that!). Through a vision He gave to Kelsey, the most morbidly disgusting wound on my arm was cleaned out piece by piece and healed over by God's hand. And finally, the most romantic and amazing thing, God worked through a couple girls here (who were not even in my group), Kat and Rachel, and bought me a beautiful cross necklace and earrings to remind me of this day. God~you and I have come so far. I am so blessed by you and so excited to continue walking with you. Thank you for healing me so completely today. You are my rock, my all in all, my everything, and I love you with all my heart. Amen.


Thank you everyone for your prayers! So many life changing break throughs today.

God is Good!!!

2 comments:

  1. love your blog! so excited to see everything that God has for you and trent during DTS. and cant wait to go to korea with you! -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany, oh my gosh, I am fighting back the tears stinging my eyes right now!! (The people here in Caribou just wouldn't understand...then again, if anyone asked I could just read your post out loud!) I am just so overjoyed for you and all that God is doing in you. You are a beautiful spirit and Trent has an amazing mom. (If I could've been half the mom you are to Trent when Kelsey was little...) So proud of you girl and praying for all that God has planned for you!

    ReplyDelete