Thursday, October 6, 2011

Double Rainbow

Today was a good day! This is what we got to see right after breakfast this morning:

DOUBLE RAINBOW

"What does this mean?"
Its going to be a good day :)
And it was! It was such a good day. We moved on to a new topic with a new speaker today: The Character of God. Larry Allen was our speaker, and he was so funny! I'll share the really good stuff with you:
*God will lead you to success. Don't let success become your God.
*Be with people just to be there for them. Make them feel special.
*Love wants to give. God has infinite love. Infinite love wants to give infinitely.

In Genesis 1:26 it talks about how man was created in the image of God. Our speaker, Larry Allen, talked about how he pictured God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit having so much love and wanting to give it away. They finally came up with an amazing idea to make something in the image of them that they could share their love with and bless: "Maybe they were so excited about it there was a huge explosion or something." get it? :) "Its not rap, but its still cool." :)

We read John 17:3 and John 10:10 and talked about how our purpose in life is to know God. Not know about him, but know him. This is why we were created.

We also talked about love. We read Matthew 22:36-39. Jesus tells us that the greatest commandment he has for us is love. Mr. Larry Allen told us that a commandment is always addressing the choices you make and has nothing to do with intellect or emotions. Either you obey the command, or you don't. He also read John 14:21 where Jesus tells us that those who obey his commandments, loves him. Larry demonstrated that it is impossible to command emotions (he yelled at a girl in my class to start crying to prove his point. she laughed). Therefore, he concluded, love is not an emotion. It is a choice. I love this :) America needs to learn this.

After class I had an amazing Korean meal prepared for me :) well...not just for me obviously but everyone was very excited to have me try everything they made. And I had to use chopsticks. It was all so good! Everything was super spicy and amazing. Now I'm even more excited.

Trent and I finished our day off by spending time with our new family. It seriously just melts my heart to see how these kids just out of high school take Trent in. I especially love seeing the young men here take an interest in him. I am 100% ok with Trent looking up to these guys. I'm just falling so in love with this place and these people. We are so blessed to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment