Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 2 of Plumbline

We are having three classes a day. 9:30 to 12:15, 3:30 to 5:15, and then 8:00 to whatever o'clock. Last night's session was intense!

After yesterday morning's class, I was really starting to get discouraged. I felt like I was backward with knowing who I am in Christ rather than walking forward. By the end of the day, I realized I'm doing the opposite. I've been seeing my walls come down. God has taken away every foundation I have made that is not Jesus. Of course I've been feeling lost. I have nothing to stand on. I'm learning to go to God for comfort. He is, after all, The Comforter.

We have been learning how to analyze reactions we have to situations and relate them to a moment in our past so we can learn where that reaction came from. Its been rough for a lot of people. A lot of bad memories have been surfacing. Last night, we watched a video about these two men:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDnrLv6z-mM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYGBueOVliA

Everyone was crying, for everyone had compared it to how God loves us and would do anything for us. He spoke to so many people saying, "I would do this for you." We were then dismissed to go back to our room to write a letter to God, referring to Him as "Daddy." Dear Daddy... After that, we were to write a letter from God to us! Probably one of the most powerful things I have ever done, and I strongly recommend every single person to do this. So amazing.

Now that I am broken down to the beginning, God can start building me up on the right foundation. I finally can build myself on Christ and only Christ. Please keep your prayers coming for me and my school. We can feel them rain on us, and it is such a comfort as we completely expose ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment