Monday, October 10, 2011

Awesome Trent!

So I just want to start out by saying that I have the best kid ever!!

Tonight we had a creative night where we worshiped God in creative ways. Many people sang or played instruments. Some showed art. Some danced. Some read scripture. Some shared their heart. As I have really been learning how much I need wonderful and beautiful Christian women friends in my life, I decided to write little notes to each girl in my school, and wrote down a verse for them that God picked out. At the end of the night...10:20...we were wrapping up. One of our staff, Josh, asked if anyone else would like to share. Guess who's little hand slowly went up into the air...my amazing son, Trenton's. He stood in front of 60+ adults with his good friend, J.T. for support (who sang an amazing rap piece that he had wrote himself) and Trent slowly raised his harmonica to his lips and played a short piece for God.

AND THE ROOM WENT WILD!
I have never been so proud.

J.T. isn't the only young man here who has stolen the heart of my son. I never thought that guys like the guys here even existed. Every one of them in my school has such an open heart and such kindness. Trent has latched on and everyday, they are latching on to him more too. There is a young man here named Michael, who Trent has taken a special liking to. Trent spends so much time with him (and apparently not enough time with me) that one of the leaders of this base thought Michael was Trent's dad! Thank God, Michael has a good heart full of humor and didn't let that scare him away. In fact, I think he was proud of it! J.T. and Michael are not the only men who have shown my son amazing love. Every guy in my school has been so great to Trenton. It melts my heart. I would be totally ok with Trent looking up to any of these guys. Before you continue reading this blog, I just ask that you take a moment to pray for the men in my school - pray that God continues to make them into Men of God focused on Him. I am just grateful for each of them and how they have treated Trent. I love seeing him being "one of the guys." :)

And I know I have said this alot, but again I just want to thank everyone who supported us being here!! This is just one of the hugest blessings in my life, and I'm so thankful to everyone who helped get us here. I am praying for everyone back home! God Bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment