Wednesday, October 5, 2011

KOREA

Ok, so I'm now ready to share with the world that Trent and I will be going to South Korea for 2 months after Christmas!! I am very excited. Words can not describe. During our dorm devotions tonight, I annouced to everyone Trent and I were going to South Korea for our outreach. Being that over half the people in my dorm are families from South Korea, they were all very excited for us as well :) My dorm mom is going to be throwing us a dinner party tomorrow night so that they can introduce Trent and I to Korean foods. EXCITED!!

The Koreans here are going through a school right now: English as a Second Languge (ESL). I get to help them with their homework...alot. So after I helped them tonight, I asked them to teach me some Korean. I learned "good night" and "thank you" ...sort of. Its such a difficult language for me to grasp! Even when I hear them speak its hard for me to repeat right after. I made one of the women right down the pronunciations. Saying "good night" to an elder looks like am-yeng-he zu-mu-sya-yo. If I was going to say "good night" to Trent it would like like jal-ja-yo. "Thank you" to an elder looks like go-map-sm-ni-da and to a younger person go-ma-whe-yo. I'm going to try to pick up as much as I can, but my hopes are not high. It means so much to just be surrounded by them and their culture, and to have Trent surrounded by it. Everyday he plays with Korean kids. The always seem to come up with the most awesome games even though they can't understand what each other is saying. It's an amazing thing to watch.

I want to take a moment to calm your worries. South Korea is a very safe country. My leader and his wife are going to be bringing their 3 month old along for the ride as well. (Trent is very excited about this: when we were in Walmart he kept wanting to buy things for the baby to have in Korea) So calm your fears! The Lord will take care of us.

So please pray for Trent and I and our upcoming trip to South Korea. God will have to bring in money for us to go and also prepare our hearts and minds for what is to come. Also, if you are feeling led to, please pray for my DTS school. Please pray that we all continue to grow closer to God and closer as a family to each other. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment