Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pretty Much a Pointless Blog

Weekends are so awesome. I love weekends. This awesome weekend started Friday night with an even called "Love Feast." We all got dressed up and basically every person who is involved with the YWAM Tyler Base comes to Twin Oaks Ranch to eat an awesome Thanksgiving meal and be a family. I was very thankful to know a dorm full of girls who could help me get dressed up. Even if I would have known about this event, I wouldn't have really had anything to bring for it. Nothing I wore that night was mine. But it was actually fun to get dressed up! I painted my toe nails and everything. I am still surprised at how good it feels to have my toes painted. We are living in such a missionary environment where we are lucky to find time to get into a shower everyday. Simple blessings :) There is about to be a lot of cute pictures put up on Facebook from this event.

Yesterday was an awesome day. We (Kelsey, Trent, and I with a couple friends) got to spend the day off base at one of our friend's house. We played at the park, drank coffee, drank tea, ate an awesome home cooked meal, played dominoes, and watched a million movies. Lazy, awesome, relaxing day.

Today is, of course, laundry and homework day. yay.... I really dislike paying for laundry...especially when the machines never really seem to get my clothes clean. I will be so thankful to have my own washer and dryer someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment