Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Heading to the Call

Tomorrow morning, Trent and I are heading to Detroit, Michigan for The Call. Our whole weekend will be about praying for America to remember where it came from and the purpose God has called it to. I'm already looking forward to writing a blog when we come back. Crazy stuff is going to happen! We leave tomorrow morning at 7:15. A lot of my fellow classmates are having issues with this, but I think Trent and I will be just fine. The car ride up will be about 24 hours...not as confident with how Trent and I will do with that. Please pray! haha We are taking vans up - each holding 15 people including the driver. Most of my school is going. There are about 30 of us plus staff. I can't even imagine what this experience is going to be like. Stay tuned!

Man I don't even know what else to write about. I feel like I haven't had a chance to breathe this week. Our week of class got jammed into three days sense we are all going to be gone tomorrow and Friday. We had the most awesome teacher, Ollie Olson. This man is unbelievable. I heard from someone in School of Worship that before any teaching he gives, he reads through the whole Bible. Then, he reads through it again, to pick up on scripture that goes with what he is going to be teaching on. And then, he reads it one or two more times. This man is a walking Bible. I just want him to be with me all day long quoting scripture to me. My classmates asked him so many questions. All those hard questions that never seem to have an answer, and Mr. Olson would be like, "Oh that is a very good question. Turn with me to blah blah blah." And he would just KNOW a handful of verses for each question, exactly where they were and what they meant. It was nuts and so beautiful to watch and listen to. I want to be that cool someday. I think I'm going to spend a lot of the driving to and from The Call just getting into The Word and reading things I just never have before.

Well, please keep Trent and I and my school in your prayers this weekend. America get ready to be shaken up!

No comments:

Post a Comment