Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Korea Newsletter

Good Morning!


We just received our newsletters for Korea. I was given 10 to send out, but I thought I would also write it up here so more people have a chance to see it and also see my awesome team :)

So if you look all the way to the right, the beautiful woman on the end is Meganne and the man standing behind her is her fiance, Zac. They are two of our leaders taking us to Korea. The man holding the baby (Baby Gabe) is Nate. The woman standing to the left of him is his wife, Lauren. They are the team leaders. Please be praying for these awesome people! The other person in this picture who really needs specific prayer is standing between our leaders in the front. Her name is Megan. She is no longer coming to Korea with us. She actually left DTS about a week ago, and we are not certain where she is. We all miss her like crazy and are constantly praying for God's arms to be wrapped around her. Please say a prayer for her as well. Everyone else in this picture are my classmates from DTS and also some people from the School of Worship. We have a very talented and passionate team. Crazy things are going to happen in South Korea, and I'm so excited!


Ok here is my newsletter:


Dear Family and Friends,


I am writing to invite you to become a partner in an exciting missionary journey to South Korea. At the beginning of January, my team will travel to Asia to bring the hope of the Gospel and the tangible love of God.


Back in September, I arrived at Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Tyler to attend the Discipleship Training School (DTS). Along with forty-eight other classmates, I have been learning about hearing God's voice, the importance of prayer, the truth about God's character, living a life of surrender and obedience, and much more. With all I am learning, I know I am responsible to go and apply in practical ways what God is teaching me. God has given our class a heart of compassion for the people of the world. As we prayed about where we should go, He impressed on our hearts the needs in South Korea, where we hope to challenge the youth of Korea to find redemption and restoration in God.


While in South Korea we will be preaching, teaching, and sharing testimonies with intermediate and high school students in public schools. In addition, we will be using interactive English training methods to create further opportunities to share God's heart. We will also reach out to orphans and bring hope and joy to the needy. Our main goal is simply to demonstrate God's heart of love to this part of the world.


Like each of my classmates, I am responsible to pay for my own airfare and living expenses. Would you consider playing a part in impacting the people of South Korea by helping financially?


The airfare and living expenses per person for this YWAM trip will total $2,000.


Whatever amount you can give toward this will be gratefully received, however the Lord leads you. Your gift is needed by November 28th. As you give, the people of South Korea will be impacted by God's blessings as we work together to bring compassion and joy. Thank you for considering this investment into God's work.


With thanks,


Brittany and Trenton


If you are interested in supporting Trent and I financially, you can make checks payable to YWAM. Do not write my name or Trent's name on the check. Attach a separate note that says the check is for Trent and I. You can mail the checks to:


YWAM DTS KV Outreach


P.O. Box 3000


Garden Valley, TX 75771



I sincerely want to thank everyone who has been praying for us or who has supported us financially so far. I can't even count the blessings that has brought us. Thank you for considering supporting us on going to South Korea!




1 comment:

  1. ahh, reading the first paragraph gave me goosebumps! haha, thank you thank you :]
    & let's find time to chat after you get back from the Call! I still haven't forgotten!

    ReplyDelete