Friday, February 17, 2012

Last Day In Korea

It is our last day in South Korea. I still can not wrap my mind around it. I can't believe we will be getting on a plane tomorrow morning and will be landing in the United States.
I guess I haven't really been able to wrap my mind around where I've been the past week. And who I've been around. Who I've been living with. It blows my mind, and I am so excited to come and share everything with people in person! I have documents and articles :) God just becomes more and more real to me. I go to a place expecting to show people who God is, and they show me how real God is. How He still works amazing miracles. America misses out. People in America are just way too into living a safe and happy life. Way too into going after things they want. Things that will make them happy, rich, successful, whatever. Americans ask why God doesn't do miracles anymore. America needs to let God take over and open its eyes.
Oh there is so much I want to talk about.
I have a new favorite superhero. His name is Pastor KiWon Chun. And he's real. He's for real life. Look up in the dictionary Missionary B.A. and you will see his picture. James Bond does not measure up. Mr. and Mrs. Smith: not even close. This man is like a ninja/spy/superhero/angel who takes no credit for the things he does. All the credit goes to his stupidity and our amazing God :) Interested? I am so willing to talk your ear off when I get home :)
Before coming to Korea, the plans we had for our last week fell through. Where we are now, was not planned. Our location is a total God thing. Our mission: to love on the people we are staying with, show them how real God is (although I think they have done that more for me than I have for them), and demonstrate that being in love with Jesus has nothing to do with religion. Last night we led a "service." Let me just say, it was probably the best service I have ever been to. Ok actually let me say this, it was pretty much the best Friday night of my life! I wish everyone my age could just experience this! Sooooo many countries were representing: Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Mongolia, I think a European country, and America. So many stories, backgrounds, and cultures. All coming together to worship one God. Absolutely, purely beautiful all by itself. Then more beauty happened. God showed up. Nate began by saying that if people were expecting a traditional service, they were going to be disappointed. This was hang out with Jesus time. Amen :) It was a good thing he said that, because after that the Holy Spirit took over. Almost everything we planned to do went out the window. People worshiped God with the gifts He gave them. People danced. People sang. It was taking everything in me to hold back the tears. The beauty of seeing people using the talents God gave them to glorify and worship Him...no words. Then we got to perform the "Everything" Drama. How blessed am I?! I am the small town screw up who got pregnant in high school. God took me out of my life, reminded me what I was made for, placed me and my son in South Korea, and allowed me to perform the best drama I have ever gotten to participate in with and for the most amazing people I have ever met. These people deserve to be celebrities. I was so overwhelmed by who I was surrounded by. I was so overwhelmed by how blessed I am. By how blessed my son is! By how blessed I am that I was the town screw up who got pregnant in high school :) Trent is the most amazing kid. I watch him in awe. People are just drawn to him. Yesterday morning, someone called the church asking for Trent! It was a mom and child he had met at the park a couple days ago. They wanted to know if Trent could come to the park to play again! Crazy. He is a crazy kid. I just can't even believe that I get to be his mom. Thank you so much God for choosing me to be this awesome kid's mom.
So yeah I pretty much don't want to leave. The pastor of this church said we could come back anytime and volunteer to teach English and help out the church and the people here. He said we can stay here and they would feed us. All we would have to do is pay for our airfare back here...I considered just staying haha...not really -- well kinda. Only for a minute though :)
I love this country and these people very much. They have my heart. I can't wait to see Korea become one country again. I can't wait until we don't have to use descriptive words like "north" and "south." I am very excited to go home though. I'm excited for Texas warmth. I'm excited to get to 60 degree weather tomorrow. I'm excited to have all our teams come back and be one big family again. I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE KELSEY!!!!! I'm excited to go home and see my real family!! ...MN better warm up though before I get there. I'm excited to go to my church and see my own awesome pastor and church family. I'm excited to see my theater family. ...man God has blessed me with a lot of families. I am currently sitting here in awe at how much love I have for people. How is this even possible? I serve the coolest God.
Jesus, thank you so much for what you have done in my life. Thank you for bringing me to YWAM. Thank you for bringing me to South Korea. Thank you for the things you have spoken to me. Thank you for the experiences you have allowed me to have. Jesus, please bless everyone we have met here. Continue to work in their hearts. Continue to show them your perfect love. Continue to protect and bless them. Continue to bless and protect my team, especially as we make our way home tomorrow. God, I just want to thank you for everything you are. I am so blessed to belong to you. In the beautiful name of my Jesus I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment