Friday, February 3, 2012

Update on the Day Off

Well we finally have some time off. So nice. We haven't had time off in a really long time. My team really needed this. We have been dragging. Really attempting to "squeeze the orange" as we would say in honor of Mr. Josh. Last week was crazy hectic. The church we have been working with has a very lack sense of time haha. Monday and Tuesday we ran a Vacation Bible School...kinda. There were three age groups, and we only got an hour with each age group each day. So two hours total to try to love them the best we could. I think we did a pretty good job though. The members on my team are really good at loving Jesus and worshiping Him with their whole lives, so He just kinda overflows out of all of them. It is very much a blessing to be around :) I actually gave my testimony to the oldest group. We performed the "Everything" drama, and I just related my life to the drama afterward. It went pretty good I think. People were crying. That usually means God is working haha :) Wed, Thurs, and Fri we helped run a mini School of Worship. We got to go stay at a resort (Trent and I got the small blessing of sleeping on a bed for a couple nights) and ate some...interesting food. The very first meal we had there was squid lathered in some kind of spicy sauce, rice and vegetables mixed in. Amazing how good rice and vegetables quickly became haha. I ate a lot of it...even some of the squid...except for the tentacle ends with suction cups. That I could not do lol.
But anyway the camp was really cool. A lot of the kids there come from Christian homes, but by day one we saw they were here, not for God, but to learn an instrument or because their parents made them come. It quickly became the goal of our team to show them how real God was. And man did God show up. People met Jesus for real at this camp. We taught them about the true meaning of worship. We answered a lot of the hard questions that religion never seems able to answer. We loved on them and showed them that our God is a personal God who only really wants to have a relationship with each one of us. It was short and hectic, but lasting. So good.
Yesterday afternoon we came back to the house we've been staying at to find that we had no water and no heat. We praised God, had a short worship session, and thanked God for everything He has done on this outreach so far. The heat started working last night :) (Can I get an AMEN! ...its really cold in Korea) but as of this morning, still no water.
Its Saturday morning right now, 9:00 a.m. I'm looking forward to another day off of being with my Jesus and my team. We are super blessed to have internet thanks to the technology genius of one of my teammates, Mr. Andrew. So I'm really looking forward to Skyping with my family in about a half hour :) :) :) And then also trying to do some research on some things God has been speaking to me. And of course, updating the blog :) Its going to be a good day.
Next week, we head to a high school. We'll be running another camp over 10 days. Then we will have 4 days doing kind of the same thing we were doing at the beginning of outreach. And then we are done. Back to Texas. I can't believe outreach is almost over. I can't believe how much things have changed, how much I've changed. How much Trent has changed. The confidence levels of Trent and I have greatly increased. Don't think too much into it, we are both still super shy. But Trent has been getting up in front of groups of people to dance or to sing some worship songs through a microphone, or to help lead a Vacation Bible School teaching. I have been the leader of a small group. I have given my testimony. I led devotions for our team. I have had ups and downs with my relationship with God, and my heart has just caught on fire like never before. I still can't believe how blessed I am to be here. God, you are so good. The more of my life that I give up to you, the cooler my life becomes. Thank you for the blessings you have showered down on me. Thank you for redeeming my life in such an amazing way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment