Thursday, February 2, 2012

Praying for the 7 Mountains

It is Monday morning, Jan 30th. Again, we have no internet (so annoying), but I want to type this up quick before I forget things that happened last week. So I think the last thing I wrote about was the tower. The next day was…Friday? I guess it doesn’t really matter. Friday morning I got to Skype my family at home. It was the evening of my little sister’s birthday back home. I was only able to talk to them for about 5 minutes and then went into the bathroom and cried lol. Not a normal thing for me. I really miss my family! And I think I was just upset because I was expecting to talk to them for a lot longer than I was able to. Our schedule is always so crazy. We are always doing something. Which is good. We are here to be busy doing God’s work. But, Father, if You could work something out so I could talk to my family again a little longer, that would be sweet :) Amen. I love you guys!

Last week, we were staying with The Overflowing Church. Best worship ever! Like concert worthy. Probably my favorite worship "band" now. In the mornings, our team taught some of their pastors and leaders English. In the afternoons, they took us to different places so we could prayer over different Mountains of Culture for South Korea. The Mountains of Culture (or Spheres of Influence) are the things that make up a culture’s ideas. There are 7 of them: Arts & Entertainment, Business, Education, Family, Government, Media, and Religion. When we were doing the camp at the beginning of outreach, Matt Nocus spoke a little on these mountains. He said, “Your ideas affect the way you live and have consequences.” He said the most powerful mountain, the one that touches all the rest, is Business/Finance. It shapes every other mountain every day. The sad thing about were things have come now, is that people think callings to the church are more important than callings to anywhere else, like working in the business world. Without business men, there could be no missionaries. Without business men, families couldn’t survive. Not everyone is called to be a priest, pastor, or a full time missionary. But everyone is called to do God’s work regardless of the job they have. This is something my heart has really been burning about. Psalm 37:4 ~ “Delight yourself in the LORD; and he will give you the desires of your heart.” God has put the desires in our hearts for a reason. We have passions for a reason. We enjoy different things for a reason. That reason is to bring Him glory. “For everything comes from him and exists by his power and it intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.” ~Romans 11:36.

These are places we got to visit sense the last time I posted a blog: the "boarderless street," the DMZ, Yoido Full Gospel Church (the largest church in the world), the largest broadcasting station in the country, the Korean National Assembly (like the U.S. congress)…I think that’s everything… Praying for South Korea was really powerful. It opened my eyes not to just what is going on in South Korea or America, but how events are unfolding throughout the world. North Korea needs prayer. Research that place. Right before going to the DMZ, we were told that it is just starting to leak out how much North Korea has been preparing for the year 2012. Many countries, including South Korea, will be voting for leaders this year. North Korea has been doing a lot to influence people to vote for leaders who fall into the plans of North Korea. For example, North Korea hired 10,000 people to influence the younger generation online. Their job is to set atmospheres on social networks. There is just tons of crap like this going on. Prayer is needed! Prayer is needed for our leaders - especially the ones we don't agree with. The elections this year are going to be huge. Don't vote if you don't know what you're voting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment