Monday, February 13, 2012

The Last Stretch

We are all done here at the high school :( sucky. I really loved these girls and the one guy in my small group haha. This was a really good camp. One of my favorite times here. I did end up getting to hang out with Rose and her family last Saturday. IT WAS SO AWESOME. Her family is amazing. Rose brought me and Trent breakfast in the morning to see if I was feeling better...and I was :) We went to her house after. Yeah her family is really cool. I spent the day with her mom and her older brother, Tim. Tim spoke a little English and all day his mom kept making him practice it with me...he was not happy about it lol. We had an awesome lunch. Their mom cooked pretty much every Korean dish you can think of. It was all SO GOOD! As we were finishing up, they asked Trent what his favorite food was. He told them Korean Strawberries. So Tim got up right then, grabbed his wallet, put his coat on and Trent's coat on, and the two of them left to walk to a store down the road to buy strawberries! That's Korea for you! They were buying Trent snacks all day long. They spoiled him like crazy. In the afternoon, we went to a park about 20 minutes away. Kind of like a garden/petting zoo. I was praying that there would be no goats and, because God loves me very very much, there were no goats haha. There were sheep, a couple dogs, and chickens basically. The best part though was the small snow hill that we got to sled down on tubes. Trent loved that. We began and ended with the snow hill. When we were done there we went back to their home to wait for their dad. We practiced a lot of English speaking lol. Then we went to a restaurant where their dad met us. I love him right away. I wish I could have spent more time with him. The meal was EPIC!! It was like shin ramyun glorified! I can't even tell you what was all in it besides the ramyun and beef and I think onions? But I can tell you it was Spicy! AND SO GOOD! Even though we only got to spend a day with her family, I feel like I have a Korean family now. I would come back to Korea just to visit them. I want to learn Korean so that if I do ever come back I'll be able to communicate better with them. I just can't get over how much I feel like their family is my family. I definitely saw Rose as my little sister after that.
My small group got to perform our twist of the Mirror drama today. It went really good! Two guys on my team teared up -- I take that as a good sign haha...although I didn't really understand why...Its a performance directed at the pressure girls get from their culture to live up to a certain standard of beauty. But its still pretty cool :) I was pleased. A total God given drama. I'm working on getting it up on facebook. I'll share a link when I do. Oh that reminds me!
Nate's awesome short teaching during the forgiveness teaching!!! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlZEIAc8gsk&feature=share
This teaching just randomly legitimately spoke to me about a small aspect of forgiveness. As funny and as awesome as it was -- it was just very good. So there's the link :)
So tomorrow we are heading out. We are going to be working with the same kind of population we were working with at the beginning of outreach. The guy in charge is a Korean gangster from New York named Jimmy. Man, I really hope I get to hear his story. He wont make any plans with Nate. He doesn't want a program. He wants his kids to see real Christians. He wants his kids to see that we are real people who really love Jesus in our everyday lives. So the rest of this week will probably be a lot of randomness. I'm good with the randomness...but I'm really praying we'll get to shower haha. Small blessings are so good :)
And Sat we are heading back to America! And the times are even crazier than I thought. Our plane flies out at 11:00 A.M. Sat morning and then 15 hours later, we will arrive at 8:30 A.M. Sat morning....WHAT THE WHAT?! Its pretty much probably going to be the weirdest experience of my life...should be interesting :)
Please keep praying for my team! We only have one week left. Pray that they stay focused on the work God has for us. Pray that they stay fully engaged all the way to the end.
Also please pray for the kids we will be spending the rest of our outreach with. Pray that our team is a good representation of Jesus. Pray for hunger in these kids. Pray for God to satisfy that hunger. I'm very excited. I loved working with this population. Its a random blessing that we will get to work with this population again. It's very draining, but so fulfilling at the same time. Please pray for my leaders. Pray that God continues to fill them with strength and joy and peace. And please pray for Trent! He has done such an amazing job on this outreach and I know its because people are praying for us back at home. Thank you to everyone for your love and support! We'll be home to see you face to face so soon! God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment