Sunday, January 8, 2012

KOREA!!

Trent and I are wrapping up our first weekend in Korea! How crazy is that?! I feel so honored and blessed and excited that God has called me and my son here. The traveling here went super smooth. We enjoyed a 15 hour flight on the most amazing airline ever - Koreanair. Seriously. Best. Airline. Ever. Trentie entertained himself by watching "Winnie the Pooh" over and over on his own personal screen. I enjoyed watching our plane route as we went. We actually traveled north up into Canada, went across the bottom of Alaska, and came down through Russia. We arrived around 4:30 P.M. Korea time. Jet leg hasn't really been too bad. As I am writing this it is 5:15 P.M here on Sunday and it is 2:15 A.M. Sunday morning at home. Its weird being so far ahead in time. I hear jet leg is really bad going back to America. Its like traveling back in time, making it seem like the plane ride only lasts like an hour. Weird.
We are staying at the most amazing church. Its huge. You can not even imagine. Trent and I get our own room. We haven't even used our sleeping bag yet, because it is Hot in here! Heated floors plus heat coming through the vent. I was sweating. Its hot haha. We've spent the weekend resting and getting used to the time change and culture. Something I'll probably never get used to: we can't throw our toilet paper into the toilet. It would clog their systems...so everything goes in the garbage...its taking some getting used to haha. My team and I have enjoyed exploring a little bit. We found a coffee shop that we have fallen in love with and have spent a lot of time there. Internet access :) I have fallen in love with the food! Spicy yes please :) Trent has had a little harder time, but he's finding things he likes as well. Not spicy lol.
This morning we went to the morning service here. We got to wear headphones where someone translated the message for us. It was pretty sweet :) Soon we will be going to an international service - which I hear will be delivered in English. I would like to sing along haha.
Tomorrow we get to start our ministry. I'm very excited to get busy with the plans God has for us. Half of our team is already gone. They get to head into Seoul today and begin the very first SST in Korea. My half of the team is heading out early tomorrow morning. We will be running a mini discipleship training school. We are picking the students up tomorrow and then we are all heading up into the mountains for the next two weeks. Yes. I am super excited :) Trent is excited to get up there and see snow. Its been unusually warm here this year too. Everyday has been in the 30s. Not too unbearable. ...as long as we don't have to walk to far...
I won't have internet access in the mountains, but I'm going to try to keep notes so that I can post some blogs when we come back. I know God is going to do crazy stuff up there. My team is really going to be stretched. Please pray for us!
I just feel so blessed to be here. I can't believe where my life has gone these past few months. I had a very mini freak out as we were boarding the plane. I would have never guessed ever that I would be taking my 4 year old to South Korea for 2 months. I want to sincerely say thank you to everyone who has supported us. I want to say thank you to my family for helping us get the things we needed for this outreach. This morning in church we looked at Philippians 4:10-20. There is a verse where Paul talks about how he wished he could repay everything the church had done for him. He prays that God showers down blessings upon them, having complete faith that God will repay them for what they gave to Paul so that he could spread God's word. That is how I feel about everyone who supported me. I pray that God blesses you 10 times the amount you blessed Trent and I. We are so thankful. I can't believe that I get to be the one who gets to share some of God's amazing love to people who have never experienced it. I can't wait to be part of making God as real to the people I meet here as He has become to me over these past few months. God is so so good. All I want to do is bring Glory to His Name. Glory to God in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment