Friday, January 13, 2012

Day One of Mini DTS

We are up in the mountains about to begin our mini discipleship training school. This place is insanely beautiful. I don't even know how to begin describing it. I wish I had a camera. Although, I think this would be one of those times when a camera would not be able to capture the beauty. When you walk in, the cafeteria is right there. Up on the second floor is where our guys are staying. There is a huge balcony off the second floor. There is a basketball hoop and a tennis court and another little building that is like a tiny church. The third floor is more rooms and bathrooms. The forth floor is where our girls are staying. In the girls' room there is a small flight of stairs that goes up to the "rooftop house" which is a small room with the most amazing view. That's where Trent and I are staying :) down side: no heat and no heated floors...they gave me small heater through that I just plugged in. Hopefully that will heat it up. A little nervous about that haha. I'm more nervous about starting the school though. I am going to be a leader of a small group full of people with ugly dark pasts that even I won't be really be able to relate to and who don't speak English. I have a translator though. I ate with her at lunch. So far I love her :) I'm looking forward to getting closer to her.
So as we get started please pray for us every time you think of us. I got here and just got this huge sense of being overwhelmed. I'm a little nervous and scared.
Please pray for Trent. He has really been acting up. I'm thinking he is just also feeling overwhelmed at all the newness and is over tired. But he's getting into the habit of screaming and hitting me. Please pray that Jesus just holds him close. Please pray that God gives me patience and wisdom in how to deal with this. Also any advice from parents would be greatly appreciated :)
Please pray for my leaders: Nate, Lauren, Zac, and Meganne. Pray that they continue to hear God clearly and that He gives them strength.
And most importantly, please pray that the hearts of these students are so ready to receive the love of our Savior. Pray that language barriers do not get in the way of us showering Christ's love on them.
Here we go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment