Sunday, January 22, 2012

Monday Morning of the Second Week of Mini DTS

Its Monday morning (or Sunday evening for everyone at home hahaweird). We are on the bus heading up to the mountains again for one more week of the mini discipleship training school. The weekend was really nice. We all got to stay in a really cute apartment close to where most of our students live. We were finally able to get some money exchanged. We relaxed and watched a couple movies. That was so nice. I forget how much I really really love watching movies. Saturday was CRAZY! Most of my team went out with some of the translators we worked with last week. Trent and I stayed behind with the leaders and couple of guys from School of Worship: Mateo and Scott. Sense there wasn’t very many of us we ordered pizza – American Pizza!!! Oh so good. I'm loving the Korean food - but man that was nice :) Then, sense everyone in the room besides me has been to Korea before, they started talking about things they did last year in Korea. A thing called a "jimjilbang" came up…which is basically a Korean Naked Spa…and they were talking about how awesome it was and they got really excited and before I know it, Nate is staying behind to watch a sleeping Trent and Baby Gabe, and I’m being pulled out the door and into a cab on the way to a naked spa. Oh man…it was an experience haha. The guys went to one side and Lauren, Meganne, and I went to the other. As soon as you walk in there are naked Korean ladies everywhere. It’s like a family outing they do. And we were the ones being looked at weird because we had clothes on. It took a small panic attack and about 10 minutes to get used to it, but I ended up having a really good time lol (although I’m glad I went with only my leaders. I don’t think I would have like it as much with students.) There were showers and baths and saunas and hot tubs and cold tubs and a place to get a massage and a small shopping area (where people looked at stuff naked lol). It was pretty nice actually – I’ve never felt so clean in my life! After we were done we got dressed and went to meet the guys in the “common area” which was HUGE. There was like a place you could buy food and a lot of open floor space where families laid out mats and just hung out. There were lots of different types of sauna rooms and an internet café and a movie theater where you sat in lazy boys haha. It was really cool J I slept good that night lol.

But I’m looking forward to getting back to work. I know God has a lot planned for this week, and I am so ready to be a part of it. I know God is breaking through hearts, but my main prayer is that He will break through the hearts of my small group girls in a real and everlasting way. Glory to You, God!! I am so blessed to be a part of Your plan. Bless Trent, my leaders, and my team as we step back into the heat of the battlefield. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment