Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wed of 1st Week of Mini DTS

The school is going great! I have five beautiful girls I get to disciple and one awesome translator. I would literally and seriously be nothing without her. So far, Nate has been teaching about purpose. Why are we here on this earth? He talked about how God created each one of us for a specific purpose. He talked about how God’s plan for us is eternal, not just for our time on this earth.

Yesterday morning, we went over the 5 ways to hear from God:

(1) Bible scripture

(2) Still small voice

(3) Wise council

(4) Dreams and Visions

(5) Prophecy

I then actually got to teach my girls how to have a quite time…well still in the process of it. My girls are so new to Christianity that God is teaching them a lot through me. I’m really praying that by the end of the camp they learn how to hear God’s voice.

There was one thing that Nate said during one of his teachings that was really cool. He said that when you look at a painting, you don’t give glory to the painting. You give the glory to the artist. We read Psalm 19:1-4 “The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world.” I just think that is so beautiful. I want to be as beautiful and amazing as the sky. I want to spread God’s glory throughout the earth without even having to say anything. We also read Isaiah 43:7 “Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them.” We bring glory to God when we fulfill our purpose. Like a painting reflects glory to the artist, we reflect the glory of our Creator. Our number one purpose is to live in relationship with God.

Last night my team got to perform the “Everything” drama. My girls were really impressed. I pray it touched a lot of people. I think it did, because many people in the camp prayed with us last night to give their lives to Christ and confessed Him as their Lord and Savior. I think the final count was 20 students. Praise God. I just feel like this was what I was made to do. Never in a million years could I have guessed, ever hoped, that by acting in a drama, God would be able to touch people and bring them to Him. I am so blessed to be his daughter.

Trent told me last night he wanted to stay in Korea. With the attention hog that he is, this culture is perfect for him. Everyone is in his face and wanting to take him with them all the time. I don’t know how he does it. Everyone here knows his name, and it seems like he knows almost everyone here. He has been a great ice breaker haha. Today and for the rest of the week, we are teaching on healing. Please be praying for the students. Their pasts are extremely dark. I pray a lot of healing, a supernatural amount that is incomprendable, happens for these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment