Friday, December 2, 2011

The 3 W's and Soul Ties

Yesterday's class was SO GOOD! It really just spoke to me a lot with everything I am learning about and dealing with. It was more on prophecies. A lot of guidelines on how to go about interpreting prophecies, giving or receiving, and what to do with a prophecy you have been given. Good stuff. Good good stuff. Years and years of wisdom handed out in one class. And all of it things I can use to evaluate the prophecies I have been given sense coming here.

The very first thing she said was to record everything! Its hard to remember what God says to you when you are experiencing Him and His anointing. Its also hard to remember what was all said if you are wanting to hear something specific. And, if you are the one giving the prophecy, it helps protect you so that people don't put words in your mouth.

When you are recieving a prophecy, especially if you don't have a lot of experience with it, it is a tendency to jump and say its got to happen today. Man, do I know this is true. This is a huge lesson I am learning with some of the things I have heard about my life. You need to wait for God to line things up.

Determine God's Word on the matter.
Determine God's Will concerning the matter.
Determine God's Way and Timing to fulfill it.

The W's are like three traffic lights which all must be "green" before we can pass on through. When we get a Word from God, that is not the time to act on it. You don't need to manipulate or twist anything to get what God has for you. The way you get to it needs to be legit - HIS WAY! This is where I think I messed up. I started focusing too much on what God said, and didn't pay attention at all to how He wanted me to get there. I wanted to be there now. Everything I did or thought seemed to be about getting to that Word. Constantly, God has been telling me that now is not the time for that. Now is the time to just love Him and feel His love. He finally got that through to me. I'm just sorry how off the path I got without really even realizing it..."The prince of darkness is a gentleman..." (Shakespeare).
So if you get a Word from God, the first thing you need to do is match it up to Scripture. If what was told to you does not match up with what the Bible says, it was not of God. God does not contradict Himself. Once you have the green light on that, you need to seek His Will. And you need to wait until you get a yes. If you are unsure about God's will, stay put and wait. He'll make His will clear to you. Once you know that you know that you know His Will, you need to wait for HIS WAY. You must be faithful to wait until God's way is made clear. Not my way, His way. HIS timing, HIS methods, HIS provision.
We need patience to press on and pursue His will until His plan and provision is provided. You need to give God time to divinely control the situations involved. And you need to remember God's timing is not out timing. Jesus said He was coming back soon 2,000 years ago...

To sum up, class was just very good. I learned a lot. I learned that if I get a Word, I don't need to freak out about it. If it was of God, its His job to bring it about, not mine. I don't have to do anything but seek Him.

I'm really excited about something else I learned yesterday, kind of on the side of everything else. I had a rough night of weird dreams the night before that were really bothering me. I told my mentor about them. She said what she saw was that there were a lot of soul ties that needed to be cut. I gave her a questioning look. I have never heard of soul ties before. Her and I talked for a little bit and then I went to do research on my own. What I found lined up with what she said:

SOUL TIES
"But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him."
~1 Corinthians 6:17

soul ties: the knitting together of two souls that can either bring tremendous blessings in Godly relationships or tremendous destruction when made with the wrong persons. A soul tie in the Bible can be described not only by the word knit, but also by the word cleave, which means to bring close together, follow close after, be attached to someone, or adhere to one another as with glue.

In ungodly relationships these soul ties may place us in emotional and mental bondage. These ties can be established if the relationship is not under the Lordship of Christ.
GOD DEMANDS FIRST PLACE IN OUR HEARTS.
When our strongest soul tie is to God, there is a divine covering and protection that will enable us to withstand forming ungodly soul ties.
"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called." ~Isaiah 54:5
The sexual union of marriage ties two souls as one. God created this gift for marriage, but the result of being knit together is not different if this is abused outside of marriage. Soul ties formed through illicit sexual involvement can be as strong and binding as those formed through the marriage covenant. Just as two souls can be knit or made to cleave together in a covenant relationship, they can also be tied or knit together to form bondage and enslavement. Sexual union was ordained by God to make two marriage partners one flesh before God, but promiscuous premarital and extramarital affairs can mysteriously tie ones soul to many partners. Catherine said there doesn't even have to be the actual act of sex to tie your soul to someone. It can be getting too close physically or emotionally outside of God's will. She said that God is probably trying to tell me that I have ties to people that I need to cut. She said she was attached to her first boyfriend for years and years. She just couldn't get over him. Until she learned about soul ties and prayed for God to release her from those chains. I am just in love with this idea.

After doing my research and reading Scripture to back what I was learning up, I sat and talked with God a little. I want to belong to God fully. I don't want to feel bonded to any guy on this earth until Jesus is ready to share me in a marriage. I told God I am all for this. So I prayed that He give me names of ungodly soul ties that needed to be cut. And He gave me names. So now I have a list of guys that I am so ready to cut all bonds with so that I can finally belong fully to my Redeemer. I haven't prayed with Catherine about them yet, but I'm sure I'll feel the need to write about it once it does happen! Jesus, I'm just beyond excited to give myself fully to you. All of me. Belonging only to You.

If this has touched the heart of anyone reading this, if you realize you have soul ties that need to be cut as well, and you want more information or would like to know how to get rid of them, feel free to email me bschwantz@hotmail.com or facebook me.

Also, Praise God for He is my Provider! $1,000 came in for us yesterday. We are almost half way to going to Korea now. Thank you for those who are supporting us!! You are such a blessing and you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment