Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Texas!

Wow it has been a crazy and full couple of days! We came down here a couple days ago, last Sunday. The trip couldn't have gone smoother. All the timing was right on. We didn't get lost. Our baggage didn't get lost. Trent was amazing...probably the best traveler out of the three of us actually! God's hand was just over that whole day.

When we got to the base, Kelsey and I had to go our separate ways - the first big stretch for me haha. Trent and I were shown our room and my mouth almost dropped. It was way bigger than I had been imagining. I wish I had a camera to show you. There are two beds, a kid's work table with two chairs, a desk, two dressers, and a closet. I'm not even using half the closet, and I have empty drawers. And it is far from being crowded. What an unexpected blessing. Poor Kelsey is sharing a room half the size of mine with 5 other girls! That will take some adjusting. However, we have already found an obvious reason God wanted us to do this together. Being here with Kelsey keeps me in with the rest of the kids in DTS as I am kinda separated from them. And whenever Kelsey starts feeling overwhelmed by the lack of space and 40 girls running around, she can come find solitude in here.

Trent has adjusted better than I ever could have imagined. He has two little girls that he likes to run around with, and he has to eat with them at every meal. They are quickly becoming the three musketeers. Trent has preschool in the morning - a preschool that is God centered. I'm so excited :) This is what our average day is like:
7:00 Breakfast
7:30 Quite Time (I've started using this time to teach Trent how to spend time with God.)
9:30 Class (Trent goes to preschool.)
12:15 Lunch
1:00 I work in child care for the English as a Second Language ESL school - starting tomorrow!
3:30 Class (Trent will be in child care with someone from the ESL school.)
5:15 Dinner

There are other random things mixed in as well, but that is the basic thing we do during the week. I'm a little nervous about child care. I know a lot of the kids don't speak or understand English, but I live with a lot of them so hopefully that will help. In the family dorm I am in there is me and another single mom (Kirsten's mom) from America, one family from Denmark, and about 5 or 6 family from South Korea. Some with better English than others but we'll make it work! I'm enjoying being a minority and having Trent be as well. I love the opportunity of getting to learn about another culture before even going on outreach!

So something so incredible and amazing happened this morning. This morning was registration morning. Time to pay up for tuition of the first 3 months. My total was $4,040, and I thought I was still about $700 short. I was really nervous about what they would say. My stomach was in knots all morning. As I got close to the office I just stopped to take a breath and apologize to God for being nervous. I know He wants Trent and I hear, and I know He will take care of everything. The lady who helped me was extremely kind and understanding. She said I was $1,440 short (but this is because a couple checks haven't made it in yet.) When I got back to my classroom and looked at my phone, I saw that my wonderful church family was sending me a combined check from supporters that goes above and beyond what I owe! I lost my breath. Not only had God provided like He promised, but He has gotten me started saving for my outreach assignment as well. God is Good! Another trust lesson for me. I need to stop worrying so much.

I want to take this time to sincerely thank everyone who supported Trent and I being here. We wouldn't be here without you, and we are so thankful. God is going to do amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment