Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Outreach and Uncollected Thoughts

Oh man -- sitting down to write this I'm having a hard time even knowing where to start or what to write about. We just get fed so much information everyday its overwhelming...but I love it :)

We were given our outreach assignment options today. We get to choose from 3 places, but I don't want to say what they are yet. However, if you would please pray for me to just fully hear where God wants me to go, that would be amazing. As I did with coming here in the first place, I just want to be completely in God's will.

We were also assigned our small groups and leaders today. I was so surprised that Kelsey is in my group! I guess this experience really is one we were meant to have together. I'm having such an amazing time getting to know her better, and being in a group with her, I'm sure that will only continue. And I'm so excited to have someone on staff that will become like my mentor. I have never had a mentor before, so I'm just very excited to have someone who is willing and wanting to take me under her wing.

I started my work duty in child care today. We had three little Korean kids, Kirsten, and Trent. Only one Korean boy spoke English. The kid is two and so smart! He speaks Korean and English very well. So he translated for us when the other little boy was saying he had to go to the bathroom. What a blessing haha. It still blows my mind how the language barrier didn't really matter though. We still had a great time playing all together :)

I want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for us! This experience has already gone beyond words. I'm looking forward to feeling more settled with everything so that my thoughts can be more collected. I feel like these past few days have been go go go with little time to process. But there is no doubt in my mind: things are exactly the way God wants them to be, and He is taking great care of Kelsey, Trent, and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment